Friday, October 16, 2009

Vegan?

Blues and Roots Festival Byron Bay 2009

It is a beautiful sunny saturday. I have had a healthy breakfast and had my coffee down on one of my favourite spots on the rocks over looking the water and instead of going to join my housemate down by the food and wine fair on the grassy hills and the beach, am going to work. Oh well, atleast I'm enjoying work at the moment and learning magnificently large amounts of interesting things... I don't even feel like a fraud anymore.

I've been thinking about Veganism a bit lately and looked around at a couple of sites last night. I have mixed emotions about it. I believe in being resourceful, however I also believe if there are alternatives that are just as easily attainable as animal products that they should be used. I'm vegetarian, but if I was to live off the land and in that situation I would have no problem eating meat if I had caught and prepared it myself and it was best for my health. Circle of life, etc. But at the shopping centres there are far too many alternatives. I use soy milk, and am not a great fan of eggs but still have products that contain those things. Perhaps I'll look into cooking vegan meals... hmhmhm.

I'm also feeling rather creative and excitable about being healthy and making and designing new things... now I just need to create time to do them in. I just seem to end up down by the beach at every spare moment that I'm not working.

*

1 comment:

  1. One of my college girls is a vegan, and now trying to eat as raw as possible. I'm considering it more and more too, because I think it would be good for me... but I'm still eating meat. All in little steps I suppose.

    ReplyDelete